Beacons are a low-cost piece of hardware — small enough to attach to a wall or countertop — that use battery-friendly, low-energy Bluetooth connections to transmit messages or prompts directly to a smartphone or tablet.
You can use Beacons with Punchh Platform to do the following:
- Send special offers or other promotions to those who have the Restaurant app installed and are in the vicinity of the Restaurant by placing beacons within a few blocks in either direction of the restaurant’s location.
- Beacons can be used to offer diners to order from their tables and also to allow guests to pay their bills from their phones. Tailoring the in-store experience in this way vastly improved guest delight & satisfaction.
- Use Beacons to bring online surveys directly to guests while they are still in the restaurant or as they exit. An exchange for a coupon or special deal on completing a survey will increase their chances for participation. This will also help get guests’ comments and opinions in real-time.
- Beacons can be used to collect untapped data such as the number of beacon hits and guest dwell time at beacons within a specified time and date range, busiest hours throughout the day or week, number of guests served etc., and to improve on better allocation of staff and services.
- Deliver guest menus and pricing to valued guests on mobile app. This is a great way to drive app downloads and increase loyalty guest base.
How Beacons Work
- When the guest is within the beacon’s range, they will receive a push notification.
- The employee’s tablet will automatically populate with the guest accounts that have been detected by the beacons.
- Using the tablet, the employee will enter the necessary data at checkout to process loyalty check-ins, transactions and redemptions.
Beacon Implementation Process